Kennett Square Golf and Country Club not only offers a complete golf program to challenge and enhance your golf experience, but it does so within an ambiance of fun and a sense of play. Renowned Scottish Architect Donald Ross recognized that the rolling hills of Chester County, Pennsylvania, would provide a beautiful setting for a golf course. He designed our original nine holes in 1922, which was followed in the 1930s by the second nine designed by William Gordon.
Kennett Square Golf and Country Club is the proud home of the Unionville-Chadds Ford High School Golf Team, the team that on October 25, 2017, won the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association Golf Championship by beating Central York High School 292 to 296. Congratulations, boys! Junior programs are very important at KSGCC.
Sean O’Hair, member of Kennett Square Golf and Country Club and four-time PGA winner, says, “Kennett’s greens are as good as the tour greens we play and the best winter greens in the mid-Atlantic area.”
He also likes the club’s casual ambiance and dining. Plus, he and all the other members never need tee times and can always walk the course.
Head Golf Pro:
Assistant Golf Pro:
Enjoy KSGCC’s Relaxed Golf Atmosphere
At Kennett, we emphasize an informal environment—tee times are never needed, even during busy weekend mornings. Foursomes generally form on the basis of who is ready to play. Or the Pro Shop staff will often assist foursomes to coalesce. In this way, new members or those who do not play frequently are easily integrated into the day’s play.
A golfer always has the option to walk Kennett’s golf course by carrying his or her bag or taking a trolley. And although the course has distinct elevation changes, most players will find the course very walkable. However, even though members walked over forty percent of their rounds last year, many still prefer the quiet ride of an electric cart.
Kennett takes pride in accommodating all its golfers’ needs. In addition to four sets of tees, we provide ample access to the golf course for all members during peak golf season. To do this, the club dedicates the first few hours of several weekday mornings to women’s, seniors’, and juniors’ golf activities. This ensures they enjoy adequate prime-time for their play, tournaments, and clinics.
KSGCC Provides A Full-Service Golf Program
- Tournaments and social activities for men, women, couples, seniors, and juniors
- Monthly member-organized, Friday afternoon two-man team events
- Optional weekend sweepstakes and other competitive golf “games”
- Junior golf program for all skill levels, promoting strong values and life skills
- Individual and group instruction, including professional club fitting
- Driving range, putting green, and short game practice area
- Fully stocked pro shop with the latest apparel, equipment, and golf accessories
- Club storage, handicap, and locker room service
The USGA Holds KSGCC In High Esteem
Because of Kennett’s consistently high quality, challenging but fair layout, and knowledgeable professional staff, the USGA has repeatedly chosen Kennett to hold qualifying rounds for its national championships, including:
- U.S. Open Qualifying
- U.S. Women’s Open Qualifying
- U.S. Senior Open and Senior Amateur Qualifying
- U.S. Junior Amateur Qualifying